Thursday, January 25, 2018

New Breast Cup : Freemie Cup Collection Review

salam mothers.

sharing a review on my new breast cup for my breastpump - the famous (famous or not, im not sure ok) Freemie Cup Collection.

say YAZZZZZZ.

on a scale of 1 to 10 - ill give it a 7.

if you read my blog prior, you will know that i am using Cimilre F1 pump + Cimilre handsfree breast cup to pump while im at work. cause y'all know, im always on the go at work (note : i dont work normal office hours nor do i have a desk. probably if you read my previous entry before becoming a mother, you will probably guess whats my job lol. but nobody cares. youre here to read on my review, right? hehe.)

okay back to the subject. i decided to buy the Freemie Collection Cup because

  1. my Cimilre handsfree cup had cracks (both of it), as they fell down from my kitchen counter. the material is kinda thin (i just realise it). but i still can use it (u just slide it in your bra), but it doesnt really fit together because the circumference or diameter is not fixed. i had moments where the cup dislodged and it interferes with my movements / jobs etc.
  2. hence, i NEEDED another handsfree breast cup. so the choice is either i buy another pair of the Cimilre or i buy the Freemie. 
since im still curious with Freemie Cup. i bought it instead. BASICALLY ITS A GAMBLE because i tried it ONCE during my visit to breastpump shop when i bought my breast pump (pump on the go sg petani) but during that time im using the original valve. so, NO milk came out even after approx few mins of pumping. thats why i didnt buy it in the first place.

so, ive been using the Freemie for about 3 to 4 weeks now.

basically my gear to work - i look like i want to go on a camping with my cooler bag (i use the VCOOL bag, which is free with purchase when i purchased my breastpump last time. i wanted to buy  other breastmilk storage bag, but its just a waste of money by having too many bags. so id figure ill use this bag till the very end, and if needed then ill buy another bag. i work long hours, but i have pantry with fridge at work place. so most of the time during my oncalls, id just put my milk in the fridge (freezer section) ) 

my cimilre f1 - i usually use this at home. no need to hide all sorts. i just can sit eating on the table, or watch tv while holding my breast pump. 


* apparently i deleted my FREEMIE CUP PHOTO, its not in my laptop. lol. you can go to my ig : maliabjg to see the photo if you'd like. 


best use with?

i only tried with my padded singlet (good fit), nursing bra (good fit), non wired bra (uhmm nah), wired bra (uhmm nah), half cup bra (NAHHH). sports bra - good fit.

okay, your breast is relatively full because youre a lactating mom. imagine inserting another breast cup thats bigger than your fist. so you definitely need a stretchable material for your bra. i had few bras that are loose when im not using my breast cup. itll be fit to the body when i insert the breast cup. *sadtruth*

half cup bra - NO NO NO NO. i had moments where my breast cup basically dislodged during my teaching session with my superior (i basically had to hold my breast infront of my colleagues. Allahu. thank god for tudung bawal bidang 50, they did not notice me grab hold of my breast. imagine if they notice. hmm malu dalam diam sebentar)

padded singlet is the best - for me. i had uniqlo's padded singlets and they fits perfectly, did not move much and its material is elastic and stretchable. you can try buying it (it costs me RM40 for 1.. usual price is RM79.90, i bought the ones on sale)

capacity
1 cup according to the manual can sustained maximum of 8 oz. i never reach 8 oz la k - my milk supply is not up to that level. my max is 6 oz and i feel that around 5 oz, its better to pour your milk and store it.

storage
this is not my fav part. you have to remove your tube, and remove your breast cup slowly, gently, carefully so as not to spill them. and when you want to store it into your storage bottle / plastic - be meticulous. i ALWAYS SPILL my breastmilk *i wanted to cry everytime i spill them*.
spillage is one of the problems most people with Freemie collection cup faced. because of the shape of the cup itself. its like a bowl. try pouring your kuah maggi kari into a bottle, see how much you spill from that bowl.
its way different than Cimilre, this is for sure. with Cimilre you store directly in your bottle as the cup is attached to the bottle. just remove it and put on your cap and youre done.
with Freemie, you have to pour from the cup into the storage bottle manually.

parts
freemie basically has 4 parts to wash. minimal. which i love love love love. shorter time to wash and dry. and i didnt use the original valve. im using my medela valve instead (better yield).
the tubings are actually long - so you can cut them according to your preference.
not the best tubings - cause if you move alot etc. itll dislodge, so you have to make sure its in placed. i read a blog of freemie user prior, she actually cellotape the tubings and connectors so they wont dilodged and it wont interrupt the pumping session.


price
i bought from pumponthego.com - rm399, pricey but i trust the company. you can try other shopping sites like lazada or shopee, ig sellers, fb sellers - i saw before, cheaper price even. lowest i found was 360+.


i think i covered most of the aspects required on the Freemie Collection Cup - handsfree breast cup.


i wish my review helps in case youre looking for a handsfree breast cup. :)

p/s : please pray that i can sustain expressing breast milk (EBM) for my child. insyaAllah.
baby is turning 9 months this january. syukur alhamdulillah for the moments where i can breastfeed, breastpump despite my hectic schedule.

can you spot my little one? 






No comments:

your TOTO